Collection And Use Of Personal Data
What Personal Data Does Veta Health Collect?
We collect the following types of information, including information that is voluntarily provided, from our Patient Users: (i) demographic and User Account data; (ii) medical data; (iii) support data; and (iv) technology and usage data. Each category of data is explained in depth below.
Demographic and User Account Data: Veta Health collects demographic data from Patient Users, which may include, but not be limited to, your name, date of birth, gender, phone number, address, and e-mail address. The collection of this demographic data is primarily used to create your User Account, which you can use to securely receive the Services. As part of your creation of a User Account, we may collect your username and password.
Medical Data: In addition to demographic information, we will collect information regarding your health conditions and wellness background, including, but not limited to, age, gender, weight, height, medical history, symptoms, test results, diagnosis, and communications between you and your healthcare provider regarding your symptoms and/or diagnosis. We collect this information to provide you with the Services and to provide the Healthcare Provider associated with your account with the information required to provide medical treatment through the Platform.
To the extent Veta Health collects any protected health information (as defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”)), Veta Health will handle such protected health information in accordance with applicable law and any applicable business associate agreements between your healthcare provider and/or health organization and Veta Health.
Technology and Usage Data: We use common information-gathering tools, such as log files, cookies, web beacons, device IDs, geolocation, and similar technologies to automatically collect information, which may contain Personal Data from your computer or mobile device as you navigate our Platform or interact with emails or other communications we have sent you. The information we collect may include your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, the pages and files you viewed, your searches, your operating system and system configuration information, and date/time stamps associated with your usage. This information is used to analyze overall trends, help us provide and improve our Services, and ensure the proper functioning and security of the Platform and Services.
Further, we may collect certain information regarding your use of the Platform and Services, such as the domain name and the name of the web page from which you entered the Platform or Service, when you click on a page or other resources, how much time you spend on each of our pages, and your IP address.
Please note that if you choose to link our Services to a third-party account, such as social media or an online forum, we may receive information about you, including your profile information, your photo, and your use of the third-party account. If you wish to limit the information available to us, you should visit the privacy settings of your third-party accounts to learn about your options.
How Does Veta Health Collect Your Personal Data?
Veta Health’s collection and processing of your Personal Data depends on how you use our Services. Below are some examples of how Veta Health may collect your Personal Data:
- When You Register as a Patient User or Otherwise Use Our Services. We may collect Personal Data when you register as a Patient User.
- When Another User Invites You to Utilize Our Services. If you are a Patient User of a Healthcare Provider who has subscribed to Veta Health’s Services, we may collect Personal Data about you from your Healthcare Provider who invites you to use the Platform. Further, contingent upon your consent, we may collect information directly from your personal health record to help us build your health profile and to provide you with the appropriate Services.
- When You Contact Us or Subscribe to Our Mailing List. We may collect Personal Data when you communicate with us, including when you submit information through the Site or contact us to ask questions. We may also collect Personal Data when you subscribe to our mailing list, including newsletters, updates, white papers, or other information and content. If you receive emails from us, we may use certain analytics tools to capture data, such as when you open our email or click on any links or banners in the emails. This data can help us gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.
- When We Collect Data from Third Parties. From time to time, we may use or augment your Personal Data with information obtained from third parties. For example, we may use third-party information to confirm contact information, verify eligibility, or to better understand your interests based on demographic information. If you choose to link your Veta Health account to other devices or services, such as smart devices, wearables, or other health monitoring devices, we may collect information on your use of such services or devices. We may combine Personal Data with data we obtain from our Services, other users, or third parties to enhance your experience and improve the services. If these services or devices are administered by a third party, we cannot warrant or guarantee the accuracy of the information.
How Does Veta Health Collect Your Personal Data?
More specifically, Veta Health processes your Personal Data for the following legitimate business purposes:
- To provide the Site, Platform, and/or Services;
- To communicate with you about and manage your User Account, including verifying your identity and authenticating and authorizing access to the Site, Platform, and/or Services;
- To properly store and track your data within our system;
- To respond to lawful requests from public and government authorities, and to comply with applicable state/federal law, including cooperation with judicial proceedings and court orders;
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of you or others by providing proper notices, pursuing available legal remedies, and acting to limit our damages;
- To handle technical support and other requests from you, including providing customer support and addressing or responding to your requests, inquiries, and complaints;
- To manage and improve our operations and the Platform, including the development of additional functionality and tailoring the features, performance, and support of the Site and Services;
- For statistical and analytical purposes;
- To evaluate the quality of service you receive, identify usage trends, and improve your user experience;
- To contact you for market research purposes;
- For internal record keeping purposes related to purchases and transactions;
- To find and prevent fraud, and keep our Platform safe and secure;
- To send you information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- To allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
Does Veta Health Use Personal Data for Analytics or Collect Personal Data Through Automated Tools?
Veta Health uses third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of the Platform as part of our Services. An analytics service and automated tool we use may include, but are not limited to, Google Analytics and Mixpanel.
The Platform may send aggregated, non-Personal Data to Google Analytics and Mixpanel for the purpose of providing Veta Health with the ability to conduct technical and statistical analysis on the Platform’s performance. To opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, click here
Where Is Personal Data Processed?
Veta Health may store the Personal Data it processes about you in the United States. When we do this, if you are located outside of the United States, the transfer of Personal Data is necessary to provide you with the requested information and Services and/or to perform any requested transaction. We will only transfer your Personal Data using appropriate safeguards, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission. By using any portion of the Services, you acknowledge and consent to the transfer of your information to our facilities in the United States.
With Whom Does Veta Health Share Personal Data?
We may share your personal information with the following categories of individuals/entities:
Business Partners and Vendors: We share Personal Data with a limited number of partners, service providers, and other persons/entities who help run our business (“Business Partners”). Specifically, we may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services, provide Services on our behalf, perform Service-related functions, or assist us in analyzing how our Services are used. Our Business Partners are contractually bound to protect your Personal Data and to use it only for the limited purpose(s) for which it is shared. Business Partners’ use of Personal Data may include, but is not limited to, the provision of services such as data hosting, IT services, customer services, order fulfillment, and payment processing.
Our Advisors: We may share your Personal Data with third parties that provide advisory services to Veta Health, including, but not limited to, our lawyers, auditors, accountants, and banks (collectively, “Advisors”). Personal Data will only be shared with Advisors if Veta Health has a legitimate business interest in the sharing of such data.
Veta Health may make your Personal Data available to Healthcare Providers for the purposes of providing the Services. To use the Services, Patient Users must be affiliated with one or more Healthcare Providers. As part of the Services, we will share your Personal Data with your specified Healthcare Provider(s). If at any point you want to deny access to one or more Healthcare Providers, you can do so by emailing email@example.com
Third Parties Upon Your Direction or Consent: You may direct Veta Health to share your Personal Data with third parties. Upon your request and consent, we may share such Personal Data with those third parties that you identify.
Third Parties Pursuant to Business Transfers: In the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of Veta Health’s corporate entity, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we may share your Personal Data with a third party.
How Long Does Veta Health Retain Personal Data?
Veta Health retains your Personal Data only if necessary and as required for our business operations, the provision of Services, archival purposes, and/or to satisfy legal requirements. The exact period of retention (the “Retention Period”) will depend on: (i) the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data; (ii) the personal risk of harm for unauthorized use or disclosure; (iii) the purposes for which we process your Personal Data, including whether those purposes can be achieved through other means; and (iv) business operations and legal requirements
At the end of the applicable Retention Period, we will remove your Personal Data from our databases and will require that our Business Partners remove any identifiable Personal Data from their databases. If there is any data that we are unable to delete entirely from our systems for technical reasons, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further processing of such data. Please note that once we disclose your Personal Data to third parties, we may not be able to access that Personal Data and we cannot force the deletion or modification of such information by third parties.
What Happens to Personal Data Submitted by Minors?
We understand the importance of protecting the privacy of all individuals, especially the very young. Veta Health does not knowingly collect Personal Data from individuals under the age of 18. Additionally, our Services are not directed to individuals under the age of 18. We request that these individuals not provide Personal Data to us. If we learn that Personal Data from users under the age of 18 has been collected, we will deactivate the User Account associated with that data and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you are aware of a user under the age of 18 accessing the Services or Platform, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a resident of California under the age of 18 and have registered for a User Account with us, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to our Platform.